*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Food & Dining (this category is eating out AND groceries together)
I only ate out $60 worth of food! I am in the red this month because of groceries. We barely ate out.
OH my word I spent SO much money on groceries this month. After making green smoothies and regular fruit smoothies at least 5x a week the fresh produce and my surge of cooking at home has blown this budget out of proportion. I tried to stock up on meats and fish… I froze them… but now here I am at the end of the month with just two little pork chops & some ground pork left in the freezer. And I had bought TONS of ground meats and chicken thighs. ALL GONE NOW. We also did stock up on some pantry items, but still. Living with Justin means food disappears FAST! Wooh! I guess I should hit up Costco more often now but it scares me to buy too much food and waste it. Fruits disappear so fast because Justin and I are making smoothies constantly! I’m so surprised at how much we spent, but looking at the numbers, it’s all there and accounted for.
3. Gas & Fuel
4. Home Decor
- I splurged at an estate sale. I bought 2 bamboo chairs for the patio, a giant agave plant in a metal planter, moss balls originally from Pottery Barn I think (instagram here), some little hammered gold bowls for jewelry and whatnot, 2 glass lamps that were originally over $400 (instagram here), and some more plants. A home stager was going out of business thus the crazy finds (instagram here). - $145
- Target pillow on clearance – $8.13
Uhm… how can I spend less on groceries?! Haha.
Next months plans:
- Clean up, donate…. I was originally thinking of blog sale but I may just go the Crossroads route because its faster.
- I’m selling my snowboard for the same amount I bought it in 2009! $120! I hope it goes through… the deal should be done by next week. Yay!!! $120 to spend on groceries. LOL.
- The 7th will be our 2nd year anniversary. Time flies!
- Still have to organize our stuff since Justin has moved most of his things in. The garage is a mess!