*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Food & Dining
We ate out quite a bit this month! Oops.
2. Gas & Fuel
August was the month of doggie day trips to the city or the beach! With rising gas costs and usually 1 hour each way, a lot of money was spent here.
3. Toiletries & Cosmetics
- Pacifica Perfume Roll-On in Island Vanilla – $10.40 on sale at Peninsula beauty, originally $12 (buy here) Justin loves this perfume… Normally I don’t go for sweet scents but I really liked the smell of this.
- I went a bit crazy during my birthday month at Sephora - $79.11
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Happy Birthday Beautiful Fresh Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo – I really love this set! My favorite is the Rose lip treatment
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Duo Mat Powder Foundation 201 – Ivory - an HG staple.. I’ve hit pan on my first one
- Urban Decay Grind House Eye Pencil Sharpener - The BEST sharpener I have ever used. $10 is a lot for a sharpener but it’s worth the price… works great with eye pencils that are made of soft wood. I hate it when the wood part doesn’t sharpen enough and then the center product point breaks off!!!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz - I’m really liking this so far. I use it every day now.
- Philosophy C Booster Powder (I really like this so I bought it as a backup) - $25
4. Shoes & Accessories
- Rhinestone & spike Necklace from Ebay (instagram) – $9.52
- Spike necklace from Ebay – $2.48
- H&M rose gold collar necklace (instagram) – $14.02
- ShoeMint Edith Pumps (instagram) – $70.45
- Forever 21 Ring – $4
- Target clearance wedges (instagram) - ~$11
5. Home Decorating
I don’t know what it is about birthdays… I threw my reasoning away for the first half of the month and splurged on myself. I told myself ‘hey its my birthday’ and went a little too crazy. Sigh. The one good thing about this month’s budget: August was a 3-paycheck month.
Next months plans?
- Buddy got into a biking accident yesterday at Golden Gate park.. we were biking and Buddy suddenly jumped out of Justin’s bike basket. I have no idea why… anyway he landed on his feet but then began to limp. We took him to the vet early this morning…We’ll have to keep him from doing any excessive activity because of his knee. Poor guy. I hope he learned his lesson to not jump from high places. :T
- My mom will be ending her temp job soon and when that happens she’ll be moving out of my place and back home. I’m a little sad… We’ve gotten closer over the months that she’s been living with me. And I’ll also have to get back to cooking regularly… I feel like a spoiled kid again!