*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Gas & Fuel
2. Food & Dining
3. Shoes & Accessories
- Gold slave bracelet from Fab.com – $4.95
- Lots of Ebay jewelry (most were blogged about here) – $21.42
- Sam Edelman Alexander sneakers in Black (blog post & where to buy here) – $107.14
- Ralph Lauren Sun hat from TJMaxx – $21.64
- ASOS Spike chain bracelet (I blogged about a cheaper Ebay alternative here) (Instagram pic) – $12.61
- Old Navy winter gloves with smartphone touch feature – $1.05
4. Home Decorating
- New bathroom mat and shower curtain liner from Ross (Instagram pic)- $10.80
- Garden glass ball from TJMaxx (Instagram pic)- $12.99
- Giant yellow Be@rbrick (to be spray painted) from Ebay – $24.98
Woo spending crazy. Most of my spending lately has been on non-clothing items… and my new shoes accounts for most of the overage. Oops. Well, as consolation this is a 3-paycheck month and I just got my yearly bonus! Woo!
On another personal finance note, my mortgage refinance is done! This time I opted to pay taxes twice a year instead of every month. I’ll have more money in my checking account but I’ll have to make sure to save up like crazy for those tax due dates.
Next months plans?
- I just had LASIK surgery done yesterday so I’ll be healing for the next 3 months. Because of the cost, I just finished the minimum spending on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Yay credit card bonus points!
- I have some DIY painting projects lined up, a few dinosaur figurines, a skull figurine, my new Be@rbrick, painting the patio furniture from red to black, and painting my thrifted bamboo mirror a red-orange.
- Create a few more plant arrangements with succulents since Spring is here and summer is right around the corner!
- I’m focusing on putting all of my everyday spending on my new Ink Bold card for the next couple months so I can get my signup bonus points for future travel.