*NOTE: This budget is for shopping/food/gas only, or expense that I can control fully. I’m not including fixed expenses (mortgage, utilities, medical bills) because they’re fixed and honestly pretty boring to talk about. My TOTAL spending is not reflected in this budget. “Food & Dining” = Eating Out + Groceries *
1. Gas & Fuel (Hawaiian gas is expensive!!!)
2. Food & Dining
- Shiseido Curler pad replacement from Nordstrom – $6.56
- Stocked up on Mario Badescu toner (review here) from Gilt, with free MB shampoo & conditioner with purchase – $31.95
- 2 Zoya polishes (Avril and Petra) during the free-with-shipping event – $6.95
- 4 sets of Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail strips plus a $10 CVS cash card (see how I did this with coupons here) – $17.70
Pretty good. But. For 9 days I was in Kauai and of course the food, car rental and excursions cost a lot of money. I already paid for the hotel a few months back. At the very least I can take comfort in the fact that I didn’t go crazy shopping before and after my vacation. Every little bit helps!
Next months plans?
- More LASIK consultations. I’d ideally like to get the surgery done at the end of February or end of March.
- Meet up with more friends in the area!
- Clean out, and sell / donate more things! Blog sale!
- I’m in the process of refinancing my mortgage… it’ll shave off 5 years off of my loan, and it’ll only be $80 more per month.
- Now that I don’t have an official vacation planned, I’m going to figure it out! Potentially, it will be a nice road trip to LA. Disneyland? Santa Monica? Venice? Let’s see, shall we?